Welcome to the Henson Bowling Academy!
The Henson Bowling Academy, LLC exists to help aspiring young bowlers to take leaps forward in their desire to find success in bowling. Whether that be making a high school team, earning a college scholarship, or having a professional career, we offer the training and knowledge it will take to foster success at the highest levels desired. HBA promotes individual maturity growth and provides tools to handle the emotional swings of competition.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have not yet set a schedule for the 2020-2021 academic year. As soon as government orders are relaxed and we can get back to normal operations, a new schedule will be set and published. In the meantime, any prospective students who want to apply for admission are welcome to do so. Please go to the Admissions menu option for further instructions.
Enhancing each player’s innate skills creates tangible results. In the past two years HBA students have accomplished the following:
- Two college scholarships
- Thousands of dollars in S.M.A.R.T. scholarship money
- Two USBC Eagle Awards
- Two USBC youth national highs for the season
- Multiple USBC Junior Gold Championships qualifications
- Several youth tournament championships
- Four Ohio High School state tournament qualifiers
- One Ohio High School individual conference championship
- League average increases from 15 to 35 pins
HBA is based at Sequoia Pro Bowl in Columbus, OH. The students attend two 5-day workshops, one in June and one in August, as well as four 4-hour mini-workshops, one each in October, December, February, and April. Throughout the year, the students follow a regimented, individualized plan consisting of drills, private lessons, practice time, research, essays, tests, physical fitness, and nutrition.
The 2019-2020 academic year consists of three terms.
- Spring term begins June 1, 2019 and ends July 31, 2019. This term contains one 5-day workshop.
- Summer term begins August 1, 2019 and ends September 30, 2019. This term contains one 5-day workshop.
- Winter term begins October 1, 2019 and ends April 30, 2020. This term contains four 4-hour mini-workshops. During this term, the students are also required to complete assignments and interact bi-weekly with their assigned faculty advisors to ensure progress is on track with stated goals.
To fully prepare USBC youth bowlers who aspire to elite levels in collegiate, amateur, and professional bowling for optimal success.
Opportunity to learn from a faculty of very experienced and qualified USBC certified instructors who are all either Silver or Gold level
Opportunity to progress through a program specifically designed to prepare for bowling competition at the highest levels available
Opportunity to develop high-level skills and a deep level of understanding of the sport of bowling
Opportunity to fully prepare for a career in bowling performance at an elite level
Annual tuition – $1,795 tuition, payment plans available
o Option 1: pay tuition in full in advance at $1,795
o Option 2: pay tuition by trimester (spring – $710, summer – $710, winter – $400); total of $1,820
o Option 3: pay tuition monthly (11 payments); total of $1,870
o Tuition includes six (6) workshops (meals included), private instruction (2 one-hour sessions per month) by a faculty member, reduced lineage fee of $1 per game at Sequoia Pro Bowl when lanes are available, competition and practice apparel
Travel and living at workshops, additional apparel, practice time outside of workshops not included